cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA front panel view speed inaccurate

quintiqhq
Level 1
Level 1

To my surprise I see several ports on my 4948 switch to be 10 mbit when I select the properties of those ports in the front panel view. "sh int stat" gives me the correct values. At the configure part of CNA, at port settings, all ports are on auto speed. Is this a bug in Cisco Network Assistant? Upgraded to 5.3 but still the same.

7 Replies 7

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

could you provide a snmpwalk on the ifTable (.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2) of the device along with the output of 'sh inter status'. I assume it is failure of the SNMP agent on the device

Erm, snmp is not enabled on this switch, but it still should work right? "sh int status" shows a speed of a-1000 on a particular port while in the CNA GUI it shows 10 on the same port.

There are two tabs in CNA port settings GUI - can you check the runtime status tab and see if that value matches what you see in show int status ? It might be the case that depending on the physical media used or settings on remote end device the configured value is not the same as actual runtime speed possible for that port ?

Like "sh int status" the runtime status tab shows the 1000 speed.

good - so there is no bug.

Why not?

Configure - Ports - Port Settings

and

Monitor - Views - Front Panel - - Port Settings

show different data.

That can't be right.

Thanks for your opinion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: