cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial-peer issue

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

We are having an h323 gateway on a 2811 router, software 12.3(8r)T7, IOS image c2800nm-ipvoice-mz.123-11.T2.bin. We are trying to implement modem passthrough on a few select dial peers.

Problem is that "modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw redundancy" command is working only on voip dial-peers, not pots dial-peers. Is there any solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Das,

Don't mention it.

There is no way of applying a codec to a pots dial-peer as you are dealing with devices from the Analog/Digital Telephony era where codecs are not used (although ISDN uses PCM which similar to G.711). You only need to specify codecs in communication between to VoIP devices i.e. Router to Router.

Regards,

Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The purpose of Modem passthrough is to ensure that modem calls are uncompressed. This does not apply to a POTS dial-peer as you are passing the call to an Analogue or Digital trunk, E1,FXO, E&M etc...

If you are having issues with modem passthrough then let me know.

Hope this clears up any confusion, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks a ton.

IS there any way to apply codec G-711 A-law on a pots dial-peer? I guessed that it was related to modem passthrough only? Or is there something else?

Thanks & Regards,

Das.

Hi Das,

Don't mention it.

There is no way of applying a codec to a pots dial-peer as you are dealing with devices from the Analog/Digital Telephony era where codecs are not used (although ISDN uses PCM which similar to G.711). You only need to specify codecs in communication between to VoIP devices i.e. Router to Router.

Regards,

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: