Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Intermittent communication problems between two stations

Unanswered Question
Feb 12th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of servers attached to a Catalyst 3750, running IOS 12.1(18). Intermittently these two stations will lose communication between them...

When I ping from server A to server B (while monitoring the port where server A is connected) I see ICMP requests and replies when all is working and ICMP requests only when it is not. When I monitor the port where server B is connected I see ICMP requests and replies when all is working and nothing when it is not.

Similarly, when I ping from server B to server A (while monitoring the port where server B is connected) I see ICMP requests and replies when all is working and ICMP requests only when it is not. When I monitor the port where server A is connected I see ICMP requests and replies when all is working and nothing when it is not.

It seems obvious to me that the switch is blocking traffic, but I can't see why. There is no blocking configured that I can see. In addition, during these interruptions, the two servers can still talk to anything else on the LAN with no issue.

I've attached the switch configuration for review... I'm completely stumped by the situation.

The servers in question are currently connected to g1/0/7 and g1/0/19, although changing ports makes no difference.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion