Replies

Replaced Expired Cert on ACS

kevinhobson2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I replaced an ACS certificate that had been installed i then did the following:

1. Created a certificate request.

2. Issued the request to the enterprise CA.

3. Copied the certificate to an ftp server.

4. Installed the certificate on the ACS.

5. Configured the CTL again.

6. Restarted the ACS service.

8. Enable EAP-TLS.

The problem is when i try and enable EAP i get the message no ACS certificate installed.

I searched on cisco and it said to disable the CSA and follow the same process which i have done to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the current ver ?

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Kev,

Make sure you have installed server cert on acs. Do you see the server cert if you check acs--->system configuration--->acs cert setup--->Install certificate.

It seems that you have not installed the correct certificate at the above location. The most command mistake is to install CA in the place of server cert.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

JG,

I have definately installed it in the place were you suggested. It is like the server is just ignoring the certificate.

This is the windows based soloution engine.

Thanks

Kev

I have done some more investigation and it turns out the CA certificate had been renewed a few days ago on the CA. I have now installed the valid cert on the ACS but i am still getting the same issue.

Cheers

Kev

Which vendor certificate is it ?

It is an internal CA issuing certificates.

Cheers

Kev

I found this book in the version of the ACS:

CSCef61785 Bug Details Bug #79 of 92 | < Previous | Next >

ACS Appliance fails to recognize installed certificate Symptom

ACS appliance does not recognize the installed certificate.

Conditions

Cisco Security Agent is running.

1. Install a certificate. The web interface will report the certificate as installed and validated.

2. Enable PEAP.

3. An error appears: Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using ACS Certification Authority Setup page.

Workaround

Disable the Cisco Security Agent and repeat the installation procedure. Re-enable the Cisco Security Agent.

Possibly worth upgrading?

If so can some one help me with the upgrade stages as im finding them a bit confusing.

Thanks

Kev

What is the current ver ?

3.3(3) Build 11

Thanks

Kev

Would just like to double check when i select the certificate type in my request i am selecting Web Server ths is correct right as it just needs to be a server SSL cert.

Cheers

Kev

Thanks for the help.

I have the exact same problem with the exact same build. Did anyone every end up coming up with a solution?

Thanks,

-John

John,

Make sure you are not hitting Install certificate again after uploading the cert. That was the reason kevin was not able to install it.

If you hit it again, it deletes the installed cert.

Regards,

~JG

Thanks for your post.

I wish it was as easy as me mistakenly removing the certificate after installation.

I'm able to see the certificate installed and I also have CSA disabled. The cert is from our own internal CA so there is no need to add anything to "Edit Certificate Trust List" is there?

Whenever I try and enable "Allow EAP-TLS" i get the following error message.

Failed to initialize PEAP or EAP-TLS authentication protocol because CA certificate is not installed. Install the CA certificate using "ACS Certification Authority Setup" page.

Thanks,

-John

John,

Have you installed the CA certificate?

If so have you checked it is in the Certificate Trust List?

Cheers

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: