cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot system image from TFTP

cisconoobie
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Windows TFTP Server on Vlan 100 which is directly connected to my router.

How can I setup my router to Boot a system image from the TFTP Server?

Is it possible?

6 Replies 6

williamsdo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I read your posting and you have the server connected to a port on vlan 100? can you ping the tftp server IP? the command copy tftp: flash: then follow the prompts, make sure your IP address of the remote server is correct, the TFTP program is started on the server and the file name is entered correct. Use the verify flash command after you download the image, and you can use the boot system flash: when you reload the device. Read through the document below it has great information on loading IOS from several sources. HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00801fc986.shtml#step6

7200#copy tftp: flash:

Address or name of remote host []? 172.22.1.84

Source filename []? c7200-a3js-mz.122-15.T16.bin

Destination filename [c7200-a3js-mz.122-15.T16.bin]?

Accessing tftp://172.22.1.84/c7200-a3js-mz.122-15.T16.bin...

Erase flash: before copying? [confirm]n

Loading c7200-a3js-mz.122-15.T16.bin from 172.22.1.84 (via GigabitEthernet0/1):

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[OK - 19187152 bytes]

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Think he was talking about booting from a tftp server instead of downloading a image . You could try this , this is not really a common practice of taking the boot image froma server you normally just boot the image out of flash.

boot system tftp filename [ip-address]

Hi Wiliam!

could you plz Upload the Pdf Documents in link above?

10xs

Ali,

See attached.

__

Edison.

Thanks,

edy 10xs a lot for ur help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card