Helpful
Replies

unity and 2k3 r2 profile login problem

alexgrenier
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I know i have poor english but i try.

i have new installation of unity on win 2003 r2 on existant dommain. Went i want log on with a new user on server unity i stay on gray screen.

the gray screen is defautl wall paper

i can't loggout. i try in remote console and i can loggin. After this step, i can login with my user on unity.

One problem. I cant change property task bar. exemple add or remove clock. the windows property freeze.

all user i try are domain admin.

Alex

1 Reply 1

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you might be running into CSCsg42469.

Here is the Release-Note:

Symptom:

When a new user (domain/locale) is created, provided administrator rights and used to log into the windows 2003 server console, the login hangs at a grey blank screen. It appears that the login is made however the desktop and task bar (start menu) do not appear.

Conditions:

Unity 4.2.1

Windows 2003

Workaround:

When logged in with administrator stop Unity services, then login with new user account. The login will complete. Then use the new user to start Unity services, then that user will not have any problem logging in on console or RDP from then on.

Further problem description:

Steps to recreate:

- Install a vanilla windows 2003 Unity 4.2.1 implementation

- Create a new user and give them domain admin rights

- Log off and log on as new user

ISSUE WILL OCCUR: GREY BLANK SCREEN

- press ctrl-alt-dlt to log off

- log back in as Administrator

- Stop Unity services (task bar)

- Log back in as new user

LOGON WILL FUNCTION CORRECTLY

- Start Unity services

NOW THIS USER WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO LOGON

NOTE: If you do not start Unity services with that user and log off, log back in as Administrator, start Unity, log off and log back in as new user the issue reoccurs. So it appears that the issue is tied to Unity services.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: