Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Planner and Area Exclusion

Hi Folks, i had to use the WCS Planner to make a quantity structure for a new Building. This Building has some Inner Courtyards, where WLAN coverage is undesired. How can i exclude these Areas from the Map in the Planner Tool? Any Idea? What is teh Difference between "Coverage Area" and "Perimeter"? Rgrds, Michael

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Coverage area is the area where actual wireless coverage is desired. Perimeter is the actual size of the building which also includes coverage area. Perimter can be larger than coverage area.

Hi, thx for your reply. I played with the Planner, defining one large Perimeter and 4 Coverage Areas inside, excluding one Inner Area. The Planner dont worry about that, he plans for the full Area. Regards, Michael

I'm noticing in WCS 5.1.64.0 that I can set a exclusion area, and the planner will put a AP in that area. Does planner not pay attention to exclusion areas?

As an update, I've filed a bug CSCsv47433 for planning mode not honoring the exclusion area.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card