Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHA policy cause the "next" legitimate email to dr

<<< 550 Too many invalid recipients
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I wonder if this is a bug here. We have a customer complain with email reception.

We find the problem was due to DHA drop of connection after certain invalid email count (in our case, 10). but this user is valid user.

We are not too sure what problem is, but we are "guessing" the valid user was the 11th user of the very same ESMTP session when the first 10 was invalid.

The 5xx code cause the remote to drop further smtp retry. thus, valid email from the 11th is not retried and not received.

We are running 5.12-005. on C650. We know the remote was running some version of defato "sendmail". Could be a remote problem, but we need solution..

3 Replies 3

in addition to that. this is also a "silient drop". because the DHA connection drop is not appeared and not revealed in MFC. We have to do raw log searching.

bfayne_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure about the exact sequencing, but as a workaround you could change the error returned to 450 instead of 550 so that the recipient will get retried. Under listeners/ldap, you can change the code to whatever works for you.

I'm not sure about the exact sequencing, but as a workaround you could change the error returned to 450 instead of 550 so that the recipient will get retried.  Under listeners/ldap, you can change the code to whatever works for you.

hi bfayne,

this is really wonderful, it looks exactly what we need. let me try and see.

thanks alot.

rdgs,
Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: