cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovering deleted voicemail

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

We have a situation where someone left a user at my company a voicemail. We know they called in because we have a CM gateway report showing their call. What I believe happened is when someone was checking voicemail for this account they accidentally deleted this voicemail. My problem is we do our full backups on Friday night, this voicemail was left Sunday night, and we do not perform another backup until Monday night. Is there any way to restore this voicemail? We are thinking the voicemail was deleted during the day on Monday.

Unity 4.0.4sr1

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

When you configured Unity, did you specify that deleted voice messages go into the Deleted Items folder? Also, if your Exchange is offbox, there may be a policy to keep messages in Deleted Items for so many days. There are several ways to check to see if mail still exists in the mailbox, using Exchange System Manager or even Outlook. You can log on to the user and configure Outlook. Check the Deleted Items folder.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: