cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-1MFT-G703 - G.703

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

I need a head start from someone who can provide me with some basic links.. project/request came today for new small branch office in UK to have 50 users max. Only information I have so far from our PM is that my router must support G.703 unframed and that the circuits will terminate as BNC connectors at the new office then my router will connect to our UK MPLS provider equipment, I have never played with E1s as this is our first European branch office.

I would like to know at least to get started on draft WIC configuration on these questions and get a clear picture.

1- What type of WIC card will I be able to use that supports G.703 to support 2mbps speed(This is only going to be for DATA, possibly voice but in far future)

I will deploy a 2811 router.

2- I will have a total of 4MB WAN pipe, two 2MB circuits, until I get more information from the PM and more physical details from our MPLS provider in UK I can answer a bit more later if you need to ask me something, but the 1st thing that comes to mind is having two VWIC-1MFT-G703 cards or one VWIC-2MFT-G703,is this correct? could I use the VWIC-1MFT-E1 instead of the G.703s,

does VWIC-1MFT-E1 supports g.703.

I also would like to be able to bundle these two circuits just as we do with T1s using Multilink, anything special I should be aware of configuring VWIC-1MFT-G703 or E1 cards, is it the same principle as the T1s controller configuration with the exception of time slots being 1-31 for UK. What about if circuit terminates in BNC will I need any special cables to connect the G703 cards RJ45 into BNC ? any links or examples you can provide I will greately appreciate your input.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you need CAB-E1-RJ45BNC. Aka pinkish coax cable.

Best, Paolo

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. the very proper card is the one you put in subject, but if you find too expensive, even a non-g703 veriosn will work. The only drawback is that it will run at 1984 kbps, that is, 31 timeslots.

2, yes and see .1.

nothing special for doing multilink etc. Get the cables that have BNC ends, configure lin-termination 75 under controller and that's it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo, thank you very much for your input, that is it, I needed to double verify.

I will go with the g.703

Best Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi,

This link will bring you to the WAN Interface Modules. Search for your model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3129/prod_module_series_home.html

Hope the data sheet helps.

Please rate this post.

You are welcome. Also, there is a new card that supports E1 unframed and it's priced much cheaper that vwic in g703 version:

http://cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88.html

Thanks Paolo for the link , I have one more question.. from what I have learned the circuit will terminate as coax connectors, do you know what cable type will I need from coax connector to the VWIC-1MFT-G703 ports, I did some search in forum and came accross CAB-E1-BNC but one end is coax and the other end is DB15 would I need convertor of some sort?

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi, you need CAB-E1-RJ45BNC. Aka pinkish coax cable.

Best, Paolo

Thanks

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card