cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 Interface issue

halspuppet
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this should be in the LAN or WAN section, but here it goes....

I have setup a Cisco 2801 that I had sitting around in the office to see if I could use it as a alternate gateway for some of my LAN clients to get access to the WWW.

I am having a difficult time with the FastEthernet0/0 Interface in that it is really slow for some reason? Even when I directly attach a laptop to it, the ping responses are in the 200ms range. Weird.

Some background:

(A config is attached as well)

The FastEthernet0/1 Int is on 10.1.30.x network which is behind a PIX 501, connected to a DSL router. Clients on this "side" of the router have no connection issues. Pings to the 10.1.30.3 interface are normal.

The FastEthernet0/0 Int is on 10.1.10.x network which will be connected to a HP switch and connected to a client LAN with some workstations pointed to the router interface as their default gateway.

So what am I doing wrong in my config?

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your time and efforts.

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

1.Make sure all debugging commands in your router are turned off by issuing the undebug all or no debug all commands.

2.Determine if the router shows symptoms of high CPU utilization at brief and unpredictable intervals.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card