AP settings - Global Properties

Unanswered Question
Feb 12th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi netpro,

let me share with you some background first, currently my AP has 3 Radius server which mainly for redundancy, incase Radius server A down, server B will take over. but, lately i noticed when my Server A , Server B never take over and i saw some logs which indicating Dead Server .... bla bla bla.

anyone can tell me how to configure AP - Global Properties for redundancy.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

Jack

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 02/14/2008 - 18:34
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Looking at the configuration, the only thing you have to change is to enable the dead radious server list and set it to 1 min which is the minimum. So it would take at least a minute before the ap tries the 2nd radious server. Test it to see how it reacts when server 1 comes back online.

ney25 Thu, 02/14/2008 - 22:49
User Badges:

Hi Fella5,

thanks for your information but i noticed if the Radius server is not down , example : when u do a ping command , radius server still replied with packets although Services down . but the Radius server wont fail over to Radius server B . i have encountered this problem which means i need to manually change the server priority .

is that any solution for this ?

thanks.

regards,

Jack

Actions

This Discussion