Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1522 and WLC 4402 Issue

timkaye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I've an issue with a 1522 AP connected via Ethernet to a switch.

This AP will not associate to the controller.

A LAP1242AG will associate without any issues.

I assume maybe its a controller software issue?

The controller runs 4.0.217.0

Appreciate any information

Thanks

Tim

7 Replies 7

mike
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post any errors the AP or the controllers are receiving? Use a console cable to get into the AP and paste the output, please.

Hello.

Thanks for the reply.

I can see the request hit the controller.

I've attached what is been seen with a debug lwapp events enable.

I was seeing the request sometimes with a value of 03 instead of 00, with respect to the discovery method type (IE 58).

As noted, the 1242AG when connected to the network joined the controller instantly. It was on the same switch hwoever.

The 1522 is on a switch down stream, but I can from the port the 1522 is connected to, get an IP from the DHCP server. The DHCP server (diff subnet) shows an active reservation ( i set up reservations for them all).

I can also from this downstream switch get IP's in the vlan for the 1522 and WLAN controller. So I don't think its a lan/switching/vlan issue.

Its got me puzzled.

I'm about to raise a TAC on this also.

Appreciate your help!!

Tim

Hey mike,

Just confirming the AP's are 1522AG-N-K, which are the non FCC AP.

Any ideas?

I've set the country (regulatory code) to AU.

There was an article i found talking about the wrong country code. That said the AP isn't a country code specific other then being non FCC.

Any ideas

Hmm.

Can you try moving the 1522, temporarily, to the same switch the WLC is on, and see if that works?

Hi Mike.

Yup. In the process of arranging this.

I should have done it when I was onsite, but was a little rushed.

Tim

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your help.

Cisco has responded with an upgrade path.

i'm running 4.1.192.24M

life is good.

It depends in the code you run in the WLC that specifies what APs are supported or not. The WLC 4400 can only support up to the v7.0.x. This matrix will show you what APs are supported for that code and previous code versions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: