Routing Calls over VPN connection

Unanswered Question

I am connecting to a branch office with a VPN that is using Call Manager Express. I want to set up 4 digit dialing between this system and my main office that is using CUCM 6.1. I created a route pattern to call the branch office and that is working.

my question is how do i accept the digits coming from the branch gateway since the branch phones are not registered in the main office call manager?

thanks,

Fred Beebe

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 02/13/2008 - 04:49
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi, the CM will display whatever calling number comes from CME. So if number is not correct for the purpose of calling back from CM to CME, you can set a translation-profile and rule on the CME to make it right.

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 02/13/2008 - 05:33
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

You can manipulate calling number either on CM or CME, at your choice.

If you don't, the only thing is that you might see a strange calling number that you can't call back, that's all.

I think i am making this more complicated than this is. Do I need to setup the phones in call manager on my side as well so that the branch phones are registered? It seems that when Call Manager recives a four digit extension (mine is 5102)from the branch it doesnt know where to send it. Although calling from office to branch does work.

Rajesh Revuru Wed, 02/13/2008 - 07:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You have to setup VOIP dial peer on your CME with session target as CCM 6.1 ip address and destination pattern of XXXX(Main office extension)

HTH

Rajesh Revuru Wed, 02/13/2008 - 07:50
User Badges:

Give me an example of the digits you are dialing from the branch office and the main-office.

Probably you would have to use translation patterns.

Rajesh Revuru Wed, 02/13/2008 - 08:26
User Badges:

Did you setup Inter-Cluster trunk, if you can you check the calling search space under the inbound calls. Make sure calling search space is same as 5102.

Actions

This Discussion