cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Calls over VPN connection

fbeebe
Level 1
Level 1

I am connecting to a branch office with a VPN that is using Call Manager Express. I want to set up 4 digit dialing between this system and my main office that is using CUCM 6.1. I created a route pattern to call the branch office and that is working.

my question is how do i accept the digits coming from the branch gateway since the branch phones are not registered in the main office call manager?

thanks,

Fred Beebe

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the CM will display whatever calling number comes from CME. So if number is not correct for the purpose of calling back from CM to CME, you can set a translation-profile and rule on the CME to make it right.

So the problem is on the CME side not in my call manager?

You can manipulate calling number either on CM or CME, at your choice.

If you don't, the only thing is that you might see a strange calling number that you can't call back, that's all.

I think i am making this more complicated than this is. Do I need to setup the phones in call manager on my side as well so that the branch phones are registered? It seems that when Call Manager recives a four digit extension (mine is 5102)from the branch it doesnt know where to send it. Although calling from office to branch does work.

You have to setup VOIP dial peer on your CME with session target as CCM 6.1 ip address and destination pattern of XXXX(Main office extension)

HTH

I have this configured and the call hits the call manager. I then recieve the message " your call cannot be completed as dialed", what do i need to setup on CCM 6.1 to forward those digits to my phone at the home office.

I believe the disconnect is on this side.

Give me an example of the digits you are dialing from the branch office and the main-office.

Probably you would have to use translation patterns.

Branch office extension is 7850

My Extension is 5102

call from 5102 to 7850 works

call from 7850 to 5102 does not

If i setup a route pattern of 51XX and set to the branch gateway it affects the call. If i change it to the office gateway i get another message entirely.

Did you setup Inter-Cluster trunk, if you can you check the calling search space under the inbound calls. Make sure calling search space is same as 5102.

THANK YOU!!! That was it, never ran across that on any of the documentation I read.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: