cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Number Issue

ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a 7941 IP phone and I have two lines.The first DN works fine and is able to dial and receive both internal and external calls but the second one can only receive internal calls

Any ideas what might be causing the second DN not to receive External calls?

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alistair,

Perhaps the second line has been assigned to an Internal-only Partition?

Hope this helps!

Rob

No its in the same partition and Calling Search Space as the first DN thats works fine

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alistair,

Then maybe we could use this method to completely remove this second DN before trying again. Remove this DN from all phones first;

Can you please try this method via the Route Plan Report;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1024696

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for your reply.

I have checked the DN is definitely assigned to the mac address of the said phone and not in the unassigned list.

Hi Alistair,

I was just thinking of removing any remnant info that may have been lurking around if this DN was ever used previously. Seen it happen before :)

Rob

Hi Rob I have removed that DN completely then re -added it and still the same issue if I call externally it gives me "line out of service" error

Hi Alistair,

This sounds like a Telco/Provider problem to me. Is this a straight in DID Number?

Rob

Yes it is the other DN on the same phone works fine whey the second does not is puzzling

It's a 2nd appearance of the same DN?

Do you have that configuration on other devices?

I would try removing it, and programming a different DN if that's the case. The 2nd line could be a unique extension that the DID RNA or Hunts to.

~ Liz

Hi Liz Yes I do have second lines configured on other phones and they are working fine

I have also tried removing that DN on that line and re-setting the phone then adding it back and still no joy.

Hi Alistair,

If when you call Externally you say you got an "Out of Service" message, is this a recording? If so, this is not being played from within the CCM itself. Have you contacted the Telco? It does sound like a problem that is not config related.

Let us know,

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for your reply.When I dial the DID from an external phone I get the 'line out of service message' from a normal desk phone and from a mobile it give 'connection error'

The number before and the one after this particular problem one in my range work fine

How about trying this?

1. Remove the 2nd line and replace with a non-DID extension.

2.Set up the first line to fna and hunt to the 2nd

You'll still get the same result, but avoid the 2nd DID error treatment.

Hi Alistair,

I like Liz's idea (5 points for this Liz :) but I'm still curious about this exact issue. Have you tried putting this number on its own IP Phone (Line 1). Plus I'm not sure if you ever did completely remove everything about this DN and start over (my appologies if I've missed something).

I have had problems in the past with only 1 number out of a whole DID range, so it's not out of the question.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: