Views
Helpful
Replies

CER ALI database question

staffordvoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'am charged with a CER system for a large organization. We have one Telco for the whole organization. When I send my ALI database off I send it to a company called intrado and they take care of it from there.

My question is what if I was nationwide with many different Telcos who would I send my ALI to? Would I send it to whatever Telco that the particular site uses or would I send it to Intrado or a company like them. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi AP,

Normally, this ALI info would go to the Incumbent local Telco. But in this case Intrado would probably be the one who manages this information anyways. From what I know of this type of design Intrado would disseminate the info appropriately and manage the E911/PSAP ALI Database nationwide.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi AP,

Normally, this ALI info would go to the Incumbent local Telco. But in this case Intrado would probably be the one who manages this information anyways. From what I know of this type of design Intrado would disseminate the info appropriately and manage the E911/PSAP ALI Database nationwide.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you Rob you are a big help as always. Appreciate all of your knowledge

Hi AP,

Do I have your name right? (I couldn't tell from your profile :) You are most welcome my friend. Thanks for your kind words!

Take care,

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im interested in this service. So Intrado will take care of the ALI information instead of dealing the local telcos? This would be a huge time saver during CER projects. If they help facilitate this flow of information, that would be great

Just for clarafication. Intrado is a company that contracts with the local 911 providers to maintain their PS-ALI records. In our case Greater Harris County 911 has a contract with them we do not.

Also, Intrado does not have a clear understanding of true E911. Since last March they do not accept my CER PS-ALI database export (Nena 2.0 format) because the Main Number field does not match the DN of the record. Their system requires 1-1 correspondence between main number and DN. This was the case with traditional 911 but not E-911.

Just be aware before you open that can of Worms!