Views
Helpful
Replies

Queuing Emails from EIM in UCCE

alex.dersch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i have an EIM 4.2 running with UCCE 7.2.3. When the route request reaches the ICM script the email is transferred to the LAA agent - which is good. When no agent is logged on. the email is not queued until an agent is logging on instead the email is sent to the execption queue in EIM and the email is lost for the agents.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem?

20 Replies 20

ake
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, why don't you use the queue to skillkroup node, that should help. LAA don't queue anything, it just tries to find an available agent.

Hi Ake, thank your for reply. Unfortunately it did not work with the queue to skill group node. The route request terminates in the MR PG with a MR_peripheral::Send_ToApp_NewTaskFailureEvent. I attached the dumplog for the pim.

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

could you send a screenshot with the script you are using?

Regards,

Antonio

Hi Antonio, thank you for your reply. Attached is the ICM script.

Regards

Alex

Hi,

I have viewed your ICM script. IM is similar an IVR system, so I think you need a Run External Script node in your script as you use it in chat integration.

Regards,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

i followed the cisco installation guide to create the script. They don't mention to use an external script for queuing. I attached the sample script from the Inst Guide.

Regards

Alex

Alex, your script is fine, although I have the exit from the wait 3600 lead to another wait 3600 and then loop back to the original wait - an infinite loop. Otherwise, the router will terminate the route request after one hour. This is just a nicety, though - your script should work.

Regards,

Geoff

jeroen1964
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex, i run into the same problem using this example script. I did found a TAC case that describes how to increase the max wait time in the script.

I also found out that when an agent is configured in CIM as ICM agent, you cannot assign local queues to that agent anymore...

Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Jeroen

I have a question. No Matter what workflow I setup. The incoming request to ICM when an email is recieved is using the default Call Type for the MRD. This means that every email regardless of which address it comes in from. Is going through the same ICM script then into the same queue. In EIM I see it has a place for the script selector to run per Queue. Am I missing something, something misconfigured in ICM?

Cheers!

Chad

Chad,

You have followed the eGain instructions too closely. They don't really understand ICM in the way they set the call type on the MRD. No one does that.

Anyway, there is a solution. Create a new call type, create a new script selector on the EIM MRD; in EIM, create a new queue and select the PG, so it's an integrated queue. Now you can choose the script selector.

Clearly, different email aliases will map to different script selectors (through the integrated queue) and you can do this in the one workflow with the branch node.

Now you can have a single ICM script that detects the Dialed Number / Script Selector and queues to the appropriate skill group.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

This is what I dont understand is how the script in ICM should look. Would you mind dumbing down the procedure to a really low and stupid level for me? This is a very urgent matter needed by the morning. Maybe a screenshot? Also I made an incoming workflow for each email addy. then a queue node after that..

Cheers,

Chad

Chad,

The ICM script could not be any easier. It's basically "Queue to Skill Group" and a Wait node. There are some niceties, but you can skip them if you want to just see it work.

1. Check the value of the Router registry setting - MaxTimeInQueue. It's under RouterA\Router\CurrentVersion\Queuing. The default is 3600 secs. You don't want this to expire first as it will push the email into the Exception Queue on the eGain side. Let's assume you leave it alone.

2. Make the Wait node say 3590 secs. Make the exit of the Wait node go to a label that returns the special label on the MR PG routing client to push the email to the non-IPTA skill group. This is of the form: "LBL_".

The enterprise skill group with the name above does NOT have "ICM picks the agent" checked. Make sure the enterprise name is exact (ICM will want to prepend PG and MRD - but you can change it).

3. Failure from the Queue to Skill Group node should also return this label.

If you don't want to have a dedicated agent who is ONLY in the non-IPTA group you can skip all this and let it go to an End node - the email will never be lost but will be in the Exception Queue on EIM.

4. In your case, use a number of DN nodes to partition the calls to send them to the appropriate skill groups. I assume all the script selectors are associated with the same call type and this is mapped to your scheduled script.

5. The best trace level to set on the MR PIM is leave the trace mask alone and to configure UserData in the registry and add "df". This will show the task request and responses with the most useful information.

6. The skill group(s) you queue to are, of course, those that you have integrated into EIM. And your integrated agents are members.

7. Do not have an agent in a IPTA skill group and a non-IPTA skill group - the router will never deliver an activity if you do that.

Really, there are lots of stars to align to get EIM to work, but the scripting is the most trivial part.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

I am trying to make an IPTA. I have attached the screenshots of some relevant configuration. I am unsure why I cannot trigger script selector's :(. Remember I mentioned that if I set a default call type for the MRD the script always runs just fine and emails are all routed to that script. However I feel from what I have read and how things import, I should be able to run any script seector from seperate workflows in egain.. Right now all I want to see is my script increment, as emails enter it so I know things are working correctly between ICM and eGain. If I have a misunderstanding and need to do non-IPTA please let me know..

Chad

Thanks a bunch!

Chad

oh that reminds me of another awesome question! How do I get stuff out of the exception queue to any agent that was to log onto the system? Or is this a pulled activity? I think I have plenty of emails sitting in my exception Queue..

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: