cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video server port access from a branch office via router

gnbrooks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a video server application which uses a lot of higher number TCP and some UDP ports. When we connect with the application on the local LAN it works fine. When qwe try to access it from a branch office connect by a router over a private T1 line, we get an error and the video will not play. The vendor keeps claming that we are bloking ports but there is NOTHInG in the router configuration that blocks any ports or does any filtering.

We have the same issue with VPN client connections to the local LAN (Cisco VPN client with full access to local LAN once connected).

This seems pretty straight forward. I don't see how it can be our WAN or VPN connections, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

If NAT or access list are configured, then that cpuld be the issue.Try the following kind of configuration

-configure static NAT port forwarding

-configure ACL to permit the port forwarded to the ouput

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

Simply ask the vendor to let you know about the ports used by the video server. Make a access-list and permit all those ports. Hope fully this may solve your problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card