DNIS Problem

Answered Question
Feb 13th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi

We are using CME 4.2 on IOS version 12.4(11)XW2. Image file is c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.14-11.XW2.bin

I cant seem to get phones to display the directory entry name. I have service dnis overlay and service dnis dir-lookup in the telephony service. I also have the number listed in the directory entry section.

I have ran a debug isdn q931 and the Calling Party Number is showing the number that I have listed in the directory entry but only the number shows up on the phones.

Any Ideas?

Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 9 years 3 months ago

Hi, service dnis dir-lookup is supposed to show a string associated to the called number (DNIS), not the calling number (ANI). This is useful when you have multiple companies but a single set of operators, so they know who has been called and answer appropriately.

If you want something that shows a name for the caller, look at something that I wrote for that:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 02/13/2008 - 10:10
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi, service dnis dir-lookup is supposed to show a string associated to the called number (DNIS), not the calling number (ANI). This is useful when you have multiple companies but a single set of operators, so they know who has been called and answer appropriately.

If you want something that shows a name for the caller, look at something that I wrote for that:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

nremmer Wed, 02/13/2008 - 10:22
User Badges:

Thanks for that. I will give the TCL script a go and let you know.

heinz-hoe Fri, 03/14/2008 - 11:57
User Badges:

I think thats not right so!

I have the same IOS and have the same problem!

Before upgrade to the new IOS the calling number and the associated dir-entry was displayed on the phone!

I think the problem was beginning after the upgrade.

I will downgrade to the older cme version and test this feature.

i think its a bug!

heinz-hoe Sat, 03/15/2008 - 08:17
User Badges:

I forgot to say this:

When I go to "missed calls" the number and the name from the entry is displayed!

In the call-lists the nameresolution is working but not when a call is incoming!

So I have downgraded with IOS c2801-entservicesk9-mz.124-4.XC6 to CME 4.0.3 and the feature name-display works !

It must be a bug in the IOS !

nremmer Tue, 03/18/2008 - 08:04
User Badges:

Your right - I have exactly the same problem. The Directory entry is showing in the missed calls but not on an incoming call.

It must be an IOS bug.

I dont really want to downgrade so i might wait for the next version

nremmer Tue, 03/18/2008 - 10:56
User Badges:

Just upgraded the IOS to c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.XW6.bin and it works a treat

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 03/19/2008 - 09:31
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Even 12.4(11)XJ4 works for that. It is CME 4.1 so not bad as for features supported.

Actions

This Discussion