cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 6.1 extension mobilty and phone mac address

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi anybody noticed the following on callmanager version 6.1. I have a client using extension mobility, all ok. The underlying phones have all been registred through auto reg no problems. I am now faced with changing some parameters on the physical phones, when you search the device page none of the device profile extension numbers show up, so you dont know what the mac address of the telephone is that the current logged on profile is using, the only way to find the mac is to ring the end user and ask them to look into the settings on the handset then search the device page for this mac. This is causing me a huge problem. On callmanager 5.1 you could go into the device profile of a device and it would show you the ascociated physical device that that profile was logged into and you could launch a config change from there. You could even do an extension search from the the device page and all logged in numbers would show up as well as the auto reg numbers, is this a fault or a design change, anbody facing the same issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

angelique.devos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When you go to Device --> Phone, you've got an option in the Related Links-dropdown "Actively logged in Device Report".

This should do the trick.

Angelique

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

angelique.devos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When you go to Device --> Phone, you've got an option in the Related Links-dropdown "Actively logged in Device Report".

This should do the trick.

Angelique

Thats really good thanks for the info.

Hi,

I'm not sure that this report really provides valuable information when there are multiple phones logged in by the same user. The report does not show which of the devices is currently registered.

If a user is logged into multiple devices, let's say 5 devices and only one of the devices is active and connected to the network, this report will show all of the 5 devices, with no information about which device is registered and which is not.

On the other hand, the "find phone" with directory number does not show any logged in devices with extension mobility.

This is one of the disadvantages of CCM 6.X

Thanks,

Jawad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: