cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I get scenarios for Packet Tracer?

Ballistics
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use PT to get used to commands. I want to start from easy router configuration to advanced (no more than CCNA-level for now). I have Packet Tracer, but where can I get scenarios along with guidance?

2 Replies 2

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi There

What study material are you using. Usually the study material will give you lab scenarios to configure.

For CCNA level check out the following

1, Wendell Odoms ICND 1 and ICND 2 books.

(I have never seen these books, but Wendell Odom is a pretty well respected person in the Cisco certification circles and is CCIE. I have one of his CCIE books for my CCNP studies and find it really good.)

2, Todd Lammles CCNA study Guide, 6th edition.

(The 6th edition is geared towards the upgraded CCNA exam. I used the 5th edition of this book as part of my own CCNA studies.This will give you lots of hands on practice and you build up your lab up as you move through the book.)

3, The Byrant Advantage CCNA study guide.

(I have used Chris Bryant's study material for my CCNA and am still using it as part of my CCNP studies. I find it quite good and lab work books are provided.)

Be prepared though for some problems with Packet Tracer. For as good as it is, it does not have all the commands available. So you may come across somethings that you can not configure or get to work correctly.

If you have access to some IOS versions you should check out Dynamips/Dynagen, which is better than any simulator on the market.

Best Regards,

Michael

Cisco Press offers a portable command guide that has a scenario at the end of each chapter with a full configuration: -By Scott D. Empson. / ISBN-10: 1-58720-193-3; ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-193-6.

They also have cisco network academy labs which are very useful too: Network Fundamentals, CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide, 2nd Edition

ISBN-10: 1-58713-203-6; ISBN-13: 978-1-58713-203-2.

I hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card