3750G Hardware Problem?

Answered Question

Hello,

I have inherited a 3750G switch at work that has no IOS loaded on it and flash is completely empty. The switch has 16MB of memory and I have been trying to load IOS 12.2.25 using xmodem. The file seems to tranfer successfully (after about 2 hours) but when the switch tries to extract or boot from the image it gives an I/O error. I have tried 3 different IOS images including the image that my production switch is using but all have had the same error. I also made sure to use the Cisco instructions on xmodem IOS installs step by step to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. Does anyone think that the problem may be hardware related?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by MUHAMMAD SHAHEEN about 8 years 10 months ago

Hi,

try formating the Flash before uploading the new IOS and if it still gives the same error then contact Cisco or your 3rd part support to RMA this switch. It looks like you have a faulty Flash.

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards

Shaheen

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
MUHAMMAD SHAHEEN Thu, 02/14/2008 - 06:58

Hi,

try formating the Flash before uploading the new IOS and if it still gives the same error then contact Cisco or your 3rd part support to RMA this switch. It looks like you have a faulty Flash.

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards

Shaheen

Actions

This Discussion