Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G Hardware Problem?

shufordm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have inherited a 3750G switch at work that has no IOS loaded on it and flash is completely empty. The switch has 16MB of memory and I have been trying to load IOS 12.2.25 using xmodem. The file seems to tranfer successfully (after about 2 hours) but when the switch tries to extract or boot from the image it gives an I/O error. I have tried 3 different IOS images including the image that my production switch is using but all have had the same error. I also made sure to use the Cisco instructions on xmodem IOS installs step by step to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. Does anyone think that the problem may be hardware related?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try formating the Flash before uploading the new IOS and if it still gives the same error then contact Cisco or your 3rd part support to RMA this switch. It looks like you have a faulty Flash.

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards

Shaheen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shufordm
Level 1
Level 1

Just bumping this back up to the top. Hopefully someone else may have had this problem and can help me out.

Hi,

try formating the Flash before uploading the new IOS and if it still gives the same error then contact Cisco or your 3rd part support to RMA this switch. It looks like you have a faulty Flash.

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards

Shaheen

Thanks shahem. I was thinking the same thing. I formatted the flash the last time that I tried to upload the IOS and still got the I/O error. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't doing something wrong before I submitted it for RMA. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco