Views
Helpful
Replies

Videoconfrence : Help with MCU to configure in CCM

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a confusion with the configuration of the MCU in CallManager when i want to have a multipoint videoconference where 3 SCCP viedo endpoints(7985) and 1 Polycom video endpoint (H.323) participate all in the same confenrence!

Here is attached the architecture of my videoconference deseign.

I have activated SCCP and H.323 on the MCU.

I have added the MCU as a conference bridge in CCM, and configured MRGL to use this Conference Bridge.i associated the MRGL with the 3 video SCCP endpoint(7985) and now i can do Multipoint videoconference between the three video endpoints (7985)!!

The problem that i want to the Polycom participate and to initiate a videoconference with the other SCCP endpoints.

I have added a gatekeeper, i registered the MCU (H.323 activated) with the gatekeeper!! In CCM i added the gatekeeper and added a trunk Gatekeeper controlled!!

Now here is my problem: what else to do in CCM??

Should i create a route pattern that points to the trunk ??

or should i add the MCU as a H.323 gateway and a route pattern that points to the this H.323 gateway???

PLz help me, i really have a serious problem.

Thx

32 Replies 32

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

SCCP registration is purely for ad-hoc conferencing (not

scheduled). I think H.323 configuration on both sides is required for scheduling

meetings.

Also check the bug - CSCsg15241

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a05confb.html

Hi,

Yes u'r right, now i'm working all with video conferences in h.323.

I can call the mcu from all endpoints to have scheduled conference. that's ok now.

But the problem i can't make aadhoc conference by : n°conf**calledNumber_1**calledNumber_2

the problem is in hte route pattern in CCM.

Hi,

I need to estabish videoconferencing beetween endpoint, which are equipaded with the Cisco IP Thelephony 7960 with the video capacities enabled and Cisco Unified Video Advantage software and Cisco VT Camera II. The version of the Call Manager is the version 5 and the MCU is Cisco IP/VC 3510. I added the MCU 3510 as Conference Bridge in the Call Manager, I created a Media Resource Group List with the 3510 Conference Bridge, the phones 7960 are configured with this Media Resource Group List. But my problems is How configure the MCU 3510 ? and my doubt is, How start a videoconferncing?. I need to add a new Route Pattern??

haouaswajih do you have pictures or screenshot of you configuration, Can you send them to me at my mail?

Hi,

i think that the most difficult part is done now.

plz can u tell me first of all if the bridge is registered with the callmanager?in the administration page of the CCM, click SERVICE >> MEDIA RESOURCE >> CONFERENCE BRIDGE.

Then u have to find your bridge configured (u should see it's IP address).

If this is done, so u need to configure a service (SCCP activated)in the MCU.

U need to login to ur mcu with a browser, then click SERVICES >> ADD , and u need to activate the SCCP field, then choose ur video and audio parameters.

If this is done so to start a videoconference(between 3 persons for example) all u have to do is :

If u have 3 persons : A,B and C (and u'r the person A)

so A calls B normally, here a point to point videocall should be established (done by the CCM), then to make multipoint videoconference, u shoud click on the button MORE of ur phone, u'll see the word CONF, click CONF, u enter the number of the third person and when he hangs on the phone u click an other once on CONF. then a Multipoint videoconference should be established using the bridge this once.

unfortunately i can't have picture of my configuration because i did it in a production in another entreprise but u the online course (ICRMC) an e-learning course, had helped me a lot an there is flash videos that can give u an idea:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le36/learning_partner_e-learning_connection_tool_launch.html

i hope this helps,

If there is an other problem plz contact me.

How I configure the SCCP protocol in the MCU 3510?

Hi,

OK, i did it on the MCU 3515 but i suppose it's the same way!!

U go to the Administration page of the MCU, then u go to Protocols, and u should see SCCP, activate this field, and u should allocate a number of port to work with SCCP (in the MCU 3515 max port are 24 or 12 it depends on the model)

Then u should configure a service (SCCP activated as i said before).

Hope this could help u,

Contact me if there is other issues u want to know about.

The configuration of the MCU 3515 and the MCU 3510 are very Different !!!!

I add, the 3510 to conference bridge.

New Media Resource Group, the only resource selected is the VideoConferenceBridge

In the Media Resource Group List, I selected the Media Resource Group Previously configured.

In the Cisco IP Phone in the Medeia Resource Group List I selected the Media Resource Group List Previously configured.

I have three users A (7940 with Video capacities enabled, connect to a PC with VT Advantaje II), User B (7970 with Video capacities enabled, connect to a PC with VT Advantaje II), and User C (CIPC, Cisco IP Communicator, with VT Advantaje II).

When the A call to B or C, the video call is sucessfull, but When I press the button conference, the video call is down :(.

What could be affecting?

Hi,

your explanation is clear.

i think that the configuration in the callmanager is successfull and there is nothing else to do. But i'm not sure that the config in the MCU is done correcctly!!

1-First of all check the IP address given to the MCU and EMP cards.

2-Check that the bridge is registered with the callmanager with succes. (when it's done with success u can see the IP address configured for the MCU in the administration page of CCM (go SERVICE >> MEDIA RESOURECE >> CONFERENCE BRIDGE, if the mcu is correctly configured and registered with the ccm us should see the ip address of the mcu else u'll see the word "Unknown" )

3-Make sure that u have configured an SCCP service in the MCU it's important!!

u should login into ur bridge via the browser then go to services and add an SCCP activated service (it's madatory to use the bridge as sccp resource)

Hope this could help.

If u have other questions plz ask.

tell me if it works.

haouaswajih ,

Thanks for you answers and help.

I believe than my problem is the MCU, the model of the MCU is the number 3510, and there is not a section to configure the SCCP service o protocol.

Or this specific model is not compatible to operate than conference bridge in the Call manager 5?

¿?

haouaswajih,

other question, if you don't configure the SCCP service, the MCU will not be registered in the call manager, really?

Hi,

to enable the mcu to register to the CMM u should activate SCCP protocol in the section "Protocols".if u do this the mcu should register with the CCM.

Then to make sure that the endpoints will use the bridge (in sccp) u should configure a service sccp enabled.

Can u acces to the mcu via the browser?

Hi,

I created a procedure for the integration of the MCU to Call Manager. If you find an error in the procedure or have any suggestions, I will await your response, thanks.

1. Media Resource / Conference Bridge

2. Add New / Conference Bridge Type select Cisco Vido Conference Bridge 35XX

3. Enter the Mac Address, Device Pool, Location, Save

4. Media Resource / Media Resource Group

5. Add New set Name for the Media Resource Group, Select the media resource, ANN, MOH, MTP, and the VCB, SAVE

6. Media Resource / Media Resource Group Lists

7. Add New, set the name select the media resource groups and SAVE

8. DEVICE / Phone

9. Select the phone, in the phone configuration select the Media Resource List created in the above steps. Media Resource Group List of telephonet, reset the phone.

MCU

1. Open browser with the address: http://ipaddressmcu/admin

2. In the MCU (browser) click, in Protocols / SCCP

3. In the SCCP page, enable SSCP protocol

4. Add a new TFTP Server, with the address of the CallManager and Port number 69, click in OK

That's is all ????

I need to create a new gateway h.323 in the CallManager?

I need to create a new route pattern in the CallManager?

Hi,

I think that u did the right steps, just make sure that u added the mcu in the medi resource group.

In the MCU : make sure u have a service SCCP enabled. if not u have to create one and configure its video and audio paarameters.

To respond to ur questions:

If u plan to use the mcu in sccp mode, then u do not have to add the mcu as h.323 gateway in the CallManager. And u do not need to add a route pattern in the CallManager.

In fact all u have to do is to make the phone use the Media Resource Group list that u have created.

To make conference u have two choices : adhoc and scheduled.

In ur case (u are planning to use the mcu in SCCP mode), if u want to make adhoc conference between 3 or more phones u have to do these steps (let's suppose u have 3 phones A,B and C)

-A calls B normally

-A presses the button "more" then "conf" then compose the number of C, when C pick up the phone, A presses "conf" once again.

if u plan to make scheduled confernece,all u have to do is to make a meet me number (in ccm) then all participants call the meetme number and the conference is established (of course the phones should use the Media Resource Group List that contains the MRG that contains the mcu)

Hop this helps u, plz rate it if it does.

if u have any other questions pkz ask.

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: