add service service1

add service service2

vip address 10.122.193.242

balance aca

protocol tcp

port 33221

advanced-balance sticky-srcip

active

The point is that the two services are load balanced with "sticky-scrip" advanced balance method which enables the content rule to stick a client to a server during a session.

What happening with me is that all the request are gone to the first server, and if it fails I can't submit any new request through the second server.

Please advice,

Regards,

Moz.

5 Replies 5

grahamlewis
Level 1
Level 1

if you mean that your server fails - perhaps rather than totally failing, its IP stack is still up ?

Configuring keepalives to verify that the service/app that you're connecting to is available should sort that out.

What sort of servers are they ? (what do they do ?)

Hi,

Thanks for your replay...

Actually I completely shut down the first server, and I want to draw your kind attention that when both are up all the requests are submitted through the first server...

The servers are Sun machines, and they are used for MMSC.

Are the clients connecting via a proxy ?

Can you post the results of a "show service summary" and a "show flows"

I have the same issue css11506, v7.50.04.

I have two ISA reverse proxying to 2 iis servers.

The iis vip uses advanced-balance sticky-srcip when dealing with requests from the two front end ISA servers. problem is all traffic goes to the same iis server. If I suspend the iis service getting all the hits, it closes down nicely and diverts new requests to the other iis server but no load balancing takes place. I have keepalive tcp-close FIN on the services, both services are up and all flows show both ISA servers directed to only one of the live iis servers.

It'll be that you're using source-ip for stickyness.

As you disable a service or down the destination server, stickiness gets established between the source ip addresses of the 2 isa servers and the 1 available IIS remaining.

When you bring the other, back, online - it doesn't matter because stickyness is already established with the one that was available previously.

Another method of stickiness e.g. cookies or url based, will be needed.

Regards,

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: