cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rolling back from CM 5.0.1 and DMF 3.0.1 to CM 5.0.0 and DMF 3.0.0

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

how do i roll back after installing CM services update 5.0.1 and Device fault manager update 3.0.1 to

CM 5.0

DMF 3.0

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These service packs cannot be rolled back. Why do you want to do this?

DFM Device Status is now registering 214 devices are Questioned.

i tried some of the solutions on your website to re-initialize DFM but that didnt help.

i recieved this message

FHDBMonitor} Cannot connect to dfmFh database, please contact your system administrator

the cpu utilization is almost 98% which was never the case. The minimum memory requirement of 5G for CM and 6.5 for DMF. I am currently running Ciscoworks on windows 2003 Standard which supports only up to 4G of memory. I will have to upgrade to Enterprise edition which i dont have a licence for.

The memory requirement for a Solution Server is for this number of devices is 2 GB of RAM. I'm not sure where you're seeing these numbers.

The DFM problem is something we've been seeing a lot of lately. We're working with EMC to come up with a solution. However, you may not be seeing the exact same problem as others. There are troubleshooting steps we can perform to see why the devices are going into a Questioned state. You should open a TAC services request to explore this.

The database problem could be a case of an improper database shutdown. Correcting this is easy. You should shutdown dmgtd. If you see an NMSROOT\databases\dfmFh\dfmFh.log file left over, delete it, then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\dfmFh\dfmFH.db

Then restart dmgtd, and your fault history database should be back.

If the log file was not leftover, then you could have a corrupt fault history database. To recover from that, run the following command with dmgtd shutdown:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

during CM5.0.1 update it stated that the server does not meet the min Ram requirement of 5G and during DFM3.0.1 update it stated that the min requirement was 6.5G.

Below is a section from Ciscoworks_installl_XXX.log

Warning: System memory is less than the minimum requirement.This may affect performance.

Warning: Current swap space is less than the minimum requirement. This may affect performance.

"WARNING: The available RAM is 4096 MB which is lesser than the required RAM of 6598 MB. User chose to continue the installation

INFO: action CheckRestartRequired, begins at 10:47:48 ,Tue 02/12/2008 ,Pacific Standard Time

QUESTION:Daemons Restart Option "

The memory requirements printed are based on swap and RAM for the license you have purchased. The number I gave you was for managing your specific device count. If you have purchased a 1500 or 5000 device license, the installer will warn you additional RAM is required. But if you're managing less than 300 devices, your current memory configuration is fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: