Call Center Design Question

Answered Question
Feb 13th, 2008

I inherited this environment and this call center was originally built in 2003 and has been revised many times since.

Phone Menu options are associated with CSQs which are routed based on Resource Group.

MENU Options

1. Radiology Scheduling

2. General Scheduling (catchall)

Each agent has two sets of IDs. One for Radiology Scheduling calls and one for General Scheduling calls.

If radiology scheduling calls are getting backed up, the call center manager will alert

certain agents to log into their user account mapped to the "Radiology Scheduling" Resource Group.

I'm trying to eliminate the need for two user accounts and logging in and out of those based on call rates.

Also, the current script, see attached, creates high abandoned rates in reports when calls get passed from first to second queue if no agents are available in first queue.

I'm guessing that Skills based routing is what I should use but our organization has never used that and I've never implemented it.

Any script suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I intend to bag this script and start from scratch.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by antonio.vazquez about 8 years 9 months ago

Hi,

before implements skillgroup based routing, you have ensured that you have an UCCE Enhanced license or below installed in your system. Enhanced and Premium versions supports skillgroup based routing and resource group routing. In the other hand Standard version only supports Resource group routing.

If you could use skillgroup routing you can assing priorities to agents in the different skills they are assigned and other powerful features, that resource group routing doesn't support.

Regards,

Antonio

Correct Answer by Abdulbaseer Mohammed about 8 years 9 months ago

Attached is a script I quickly put together. You need to create associated CSQ's, prompts and agent skills. Assign both skills to radiology agents and give lower level of general skill to radiology agents.

This will enable radiology agents to get radiology calls any time and if radiology call queue is big radiology calls will be offered to general. When there are no agents with primary general queue skills and calls are in queue these will be offered to radiology agents if they are available.

hope this help,

good luck,

Baseer.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Abdulbaseer Mohammed Thu, 02/14/2008 - 06:42

Hello,

you are on the right track. You can use skills based or you can have two CSQ and the agents mapped with both skills at different levels.

Also you may want to set thresholds if calls in Radiology Scheduling is more than X or what ever send the call to catchall.. so on.

I tried to open your script it did not I have 4.x editor.

Please help by rating helpful posts.

Good luck,

Baseer.

Correct Answer
Abdulbaseer Mohammed Thu, 02/14/2008 - 07:49

Attached is a script I quickly put together. You need to create associated CSQ's, prompts and agent skills. Assign both skills to radiology agents and give lower level of general skill to radiology agents.

This will enable radiology agents to get radiology calls any time and if radiology call queue is big radiology calls will be offered to general. When there are no agents with primary general queue skills and calls are in queue these will be offered to radiology agents if they are available.

hope this help,

good luck,

Baseer.

Correct Answer
antonio.vazquez Fri, 02/15/2008 - 03:13

Hi,

before implements skillgroup based routing, you have ensured that you have an UCCE Enhanced license or below installed in your system. Enhanced and Premium versions supports skillgroup based routing and resource group routing. In the other hand Standard version only supports Resource group routing.

If you could use skillgroup routing you can assing priorities to agents in the different skills they are assigned and other powerful features, that resource group routing doesn't support.

Regards,

Antonio

Actions

This Discussion