Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME IP Phones Signalling Issue

mattiep00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having issues with IP Phones randomly not being able to answer or make phone calls on our CallManager Express voice router. They can see the call being presented on the display, but cannot answer it. When they pick up the handset

it also doesn't start a new call. When the phone is unplugged and reset it works again. This is completely random, and I see no errors in the switch/router logs. We are running CME 12.4(11) XJ4

Help please!

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, which phones are you using, and which firmware is loaded on these ?

Hi,

Using 7940G's with the P00308000400 load.

Thanks,

Hi, please downgrade to the cme-specific release 7.2.t23 contained in file cme-basic-4.1.0.2.tar thta is under "download individual cme files" in the cme download area.

Let us know if thta fixes it for you.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Downloading it now - Aren't these firmware files the same however:

P00308000400.bin/loads/sb2/sbn ?

They are the ones already on the flash...

No, not these. I can be wrong now about which zip or tar file is correct, however the files inside are version 7.2.T23.

I'm on a slow connection now, but if you can't find them, I will post the exact link tomorrow.

The actual phone loads, or the router IOS? If you could post the link, that would be great!

Thanks,

We're talking about phone loads. These are contained in the huge zip files in the CME download area.

It must be a fairly recent file for cme 4.0 or 4.1.

Maybe P00308000500 from the cme-124-11XW1 file?

I thought you were only supposed to use phone loads from that particular CME version however?

Thanks!

Direct link:

ftp://:@ftp.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-phone/ip-key/cme-124-4XC4.zip

File P0030702T023.tar

try and let us know!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: