Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 License

renekrueger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I've installed LMS 3.0 yesterday with evaluation (90 day's). After this I would like install the Licensfile via the Link (CS-Server-Admin-Licensing), but the Licensingserver is down. I would like to start the Licensingserver over the Link "Process" but without result (blank page). I can see that the "DCR Server is down", I think that is the problem. The performance is very bad, the Login lasts also for a long time.

I installed on a new Server but the same result.

What can I do?

Thanks

René

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LicenseServer has nothing to do with DCRServer. The two problems are unrelated. Please post the output of pdshow as well as the license.log.

Hello Joe,

thanks for your answer.

There is no result when I request pdshow (the prompt is blinking a very long time). And the license is evaluation. I can not register the license. Can it be that the CD (Image) is broken. The Problem is on 2 Servers. Can I download a new Image from CCO and register than with the PKA from the CD Package?

Thanks René

If pdshow is hanging, this indicates a process failure. You will just need to wait until it returns in order to provide a starting points for troubleshooting. In the meantime, please post the license.log.

Hello,

sorry but I must wait on customer for the log.

Here in the attachment is the license.log

I can see that the java say's (Zugriff verweigert = Access refuse) is it a java problem?

Thank Rene

Hello,

I get the same error as Rene and my license.log File shows the same Problem

"Error getting port information:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)"

which means that the specified File can not be found and indeed it is not there!

I am running on a evaluation Version as well.

Is there a solution for this Problem?

Best regards,

Christian

Hallo Christian,

ich denke Du schreibst aus Germany ;-))

Mein Problem war eine deutsche Version des Windowsserver. Nach Neuinstallation auf einer Ami/Englischen Version läuft alles tutti.

Gruß René

Hallo René,

vielen Dank, auf die Idee wäre ich sonst nicht gekommen, aber genau so hat es bei mir jetzt auch funktioniert :)

Beste Grüße,

Christian

Your error is different than Rene's. Rene's problem is that casuser does not have access to write to license.log. Your problem is that you're missing the port.data file. Create a file in C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses called port.data. Inherit permissions from the parent directory so that casuser has full access. The contents of this file should be:

As you can see in the log file posted by René (my one looks the same) it says in the first line, that his port.data file is missing as well. Creating that file may also fix the problem (know that I know the expected content).

The problem only occurs on the de_DE Version of the Windows Server 2003 and not on an en_US Version. Except for that the installation was the same. The 'casuser' was created by the installation process in both cases.

The German locale is not supported (only US English and Japanese), so you may run into other problems. It would be best to switch to US English as the server locale.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: