cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside Dial-tone in CM 4.2 not working

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Suddenly when users press 9, phones are not providing outside dial-tone. All the route patterns are checked for "Provide Outside dial-tone"

Any tips on this?

4 Replies 4

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rajesh,

This is most likely because Call Manager has more than one potential match.

If multiple route patterns exist with the same first digit, you must make sure that they are all checked to "Provide Outside Dial-Tone", common conflicts can are 9.@ and 999 (or 911 in the US).

Conflicts can also occur in any DN on the system whether is is a Line, Meet-Me number, CTI Route Point, VM Port etc... i.e. Number in the 9XXX range will interfere with secondary dial-tone for 9.@

Hope this helps, if so please rate!

Regards,

Dave

Dave:

Thanks for the information, i ran the route plan report, there are some directory number starting with 9000-9010

How can i fix this?

Rajesh,

The only way to fix this is to remove the conflict. You need to renumber the extensions that are in the 9XXX range into another spare range. Alternatively move to a 5 digit number plan and prefix with another digit i.e. 29XXX.

Hope this helps, if so please rate,

Regards,

Dave

just as a side note that is explained in the SRND

Avoiding Overlap of Extension Dialing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl.html#wp1043339

the thing with the dial tone is that since CUCM does digit analysis digit-by-digit and creates a 'potential matches' list only when ALL the DNs or patterns on that list have the checkbox for the secondary dial tone CUCM won't generate it. The only elements that have the checkbox are route patterns and translation patterns, so if you have a phone DN in there, until CUCM is sure that there is no chance you're going to dial it and kicks it out from potential matches you won't get the secondary dial tone

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: