cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add third party SIP Phone to CCM 5

noxkrugger
Level 1
Level 1

'm not able to register this SIP Phone to the CCM5.0. I have device license that cater all IP Phone models.(LIC-CM-DL-100=)

I got error message " Login Forbidden" "timeout" in the IP Phone.

In the CCM, I got this message in Phone COnfig Window

Can you explain on how to register this 3rd party IP phone to CCM?

Is it CCM able to support SIP Phone?

2 Replies 2

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is most likely because of the following...

Because third-party SIP phones do not send a MAC address, they must identify themselves by using digest authentication.

The REGISTER message includes the following header:

Authorization: Digest username="swhite",realm="ccmsipline",nonce="GBauADss2qoWr6k9y3hGGVDAqnLfoLk5",uri="sip:172.18.197.224",algorithm=MD5,response="126c0643a4923359ab59d4f53494552e"

The username, swhite, must match an end user that is configured in the End User Configuration window of Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. The administrator configures the SIP third-party phone with the user; for example, swhite, in the Digest User field of Phone Configuration window.

See the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

How to verify this message:-

Authorization: Digest username="swhite",realm="ccmsipline",nonce="GBauADss2qoWr6k9y3hGGVDAqnLfoLk5",uri="sip:172.18.197.224",algorithm=MD5,response="126c0643a4923359ab59d4f53494552e"

I've already configure end user in CCM and match that username & password with the SIP Phone. I use Eyebeam/X-lite.

Maybe the configuration at Xlite or CCM that I have missed out. I've already follow the procedure in the link you provided b4 this, but failed.