Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM problem with MWI test on UNITY

fragafernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Message Witing Indicator test on Cisco Unified Operations Manager. The fisrt test I make passes, but the next tests failed with the following error:

"The Message Waiting Indicator is already on the ON state. The phone might be configured with an existing extension that has voice mail messages. A previous instance of this test might have failed. Please assign the same extension to an actual phone, then delete the voice mail messages and try again."

I don't understand this error because I've tried with real phones and it works, but this MWI test on CUOM only accept tests between two synthetic phones...

I have CUOM 2.0.1 installed. The Unity severs are monitored and the following options are made:

- The Set subscriber for self-enrollment at next login check box is deselected.

- The password option to Password never expires is set.

Can any one help me??

Best regards,

Jorge

from Portugal

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The CUOM MWI test for Unity periodically reports failures. Logs will show that the initial call to Unity completed but that the MWI was never turned on. If you check the mailbox, there is no message.

Conditions:

CUOM 2.x running the Unity MWI synthetic test

Workaround:

At present, there is no workaround.

Further Problem Description:

This happens because, at the end of the call, CUOM dials a # and then sends a disconnect message within a few milliseconds. The Unity conversation scripts are not designed to handle two user initiated events so close together, so, occasionally when they come in particularly close together, it throws off Unity. The fix for this defect should either add a delay between the # and hangup or just eliminate the last # all together (not needed for message to be sent).

Try Bug - CSCsl79666

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: