Replies

3750 on Stack

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'd like to know if Cisco supports multiple images on a 3750 on stack

if it's supported we'd like to load

ip services on the core switches (2 switches)and ip based on the remaining switches 4

if that is supported could you please provide a link that will show us how to do you upgrade of the images on the stack

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

I do not believe that it is supported to do what you suggest in running different images of members of the stack. In the stack all members must run the same image. If a switch is not running the same image as the master then the switch will not become an active member of the stack.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

I do not believe that it is supported to do what you suggest in running different images of members of the stack. In the stack all members must run the same image. If a switch is not running the same image as the master then the switch will not become an active member of the stack.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thank you very much for the prompt reply Rick

That's all I needed to know

Chris

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read a response that resolved the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"I'd like to know if Cisco supports multiple images on a 3750 on stack "

Believe it is, but much depends on how the images differ.

"ip services on the core switches (2 switches)and ip based on the remaining switches 4

if that is supported "

Believe you could. You could flash each switch independently, and with compatible versions, stack them. Or you could flash one stack of two and one stack of four and join them. What's the problem, don't believe you can easily flash the combined stack of six and have two different images. (On-going upgrade headache.)

Below are two references to 3750 stack management.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#election

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808e0604.html#wp1189523

PS:

Believe the rules of different feature sets within a stack are different for the 3750-E series.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card