cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5.0.148.0 release notes

wrightjeremy
Level 1
Level 1

Just saw that WLC 5.0.148.0 release notes were posted today.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn501480.html

Looks like some very important updates. Can't wait for the software to go live.

10 Replies 10

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

It is out now. get it while its hot

hmmm....

rel notes state the following:

"Access Point Changes

•Cisco Aironet 1000 Series Access Points-The 1000 series access points are not supported for use with controller software release 5.0.148.0. "

I wonder if they are referring to the airspace series or aironet 1000 series, I know it sounds obvious, but I do not recall any aironet lwapp capable 1000 series radios and there have been typos on cisco.com from time to time.

I have a handful of 1020 series left and do not want to move forward until I find out the answer

OK, here is the answer I was looking for.

Cisco now refers to the airspace radios as aironet. very confusing for us who dealt with both in the past.

So, yes, the 1020 radios I have will no longer work with 5.x, that also holds true for any vxworks based lwapp radios such as the 1510 as well.

I knew there was a reason I bought some extra 1252s....

jledwardsr
Level 1
Level 1

I got it and I am having issues with the bootloader version updating after load the ER file. Anyone else having the same issue?

Did you remember to turn off the A radios and b/g radios as well as any active SSIDs? Also remember under the new codes that some symbols are not supported in the SSID such as @.

Currently running on a 2106 and four LWAPs (demo system) with no problem...

matthiasgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

Any word on if/when the 2000 series controllers will be supported?

Has anyone been bold enough to install it on their WiSM Controllers?

I have it on 6 WiSM's split between a 6513 and 6509. Its been running with out any issues so far.

What version of WCS are you running?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: