cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5.0.148.0 release notes

wrightjeremy
Level 1
Level 1

Just saw that WLC 5.0.148.0 release notes were posted today.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn501480.html

Looks like some very important updates. Can't wait for the software to go live.

10 Replies 10

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

It is out now. get it while its hot

hmmm....

rel notes state the following:

"Access Point Changes

•Cisco Aironet 1000 Series Access Points-The 1000 series access points are not supported for use with controller software release 5.0.148.0. "

I wonder if they are referring to the airspace series or aironet 1000 series, I know it sounds obvious, but I do not recall any aironet lwapp capable 1000 series radios and there have been typos on cisco.com from time to time.

I have a handful of 1020 series left and do not want to move forward until I find out the answer

OK, here is the answer I was looking for.

Cisco now refers to the airspace radios as aironet. very confusing for us who dealt with both in the past.

So, yes, the 1020 radios I have will no longer work with 5.x, that also holds true for any vxworks based lwapp radios such as the 1510 as well.

I knew there was a reason I bought some extra 1252s....

jledwardsr
Level 1
Level 1

I got it and I am having issues with the bootloader version updating after load the ER file. Anyone else having the same issue?

Did you remember to turn off the A radios and b/g radios as well as any active SSIDs? Also remember under the new codes that some symbols are not supported in the SSID such as @.

Currently running on a 2106 and four LWAPs (demo system) with no problem...

matthiasgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

Any word on if/when the 2000 series controllers will be supported?

Has anyone been bold enough to install it on their WiSM Controllers?

I have it on 6 WiSM's split between a 6513 and 6509. Its been running with out any issues so far.

What version of WCS are you running?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card