cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Question - Show Status on Interface VLAN

tim.a.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Using an 1841 with an Ethernet WAN link and using a VLAN for the WAN circuit. I created an outgoing QoS Policy and assigned this to the VLAN interface. From the CLI, I can show policy-map of the VLAN interface and see packets being matched to the QoS policy, however, I would like to use the SDM to monitor the QoS Status - and it is not displaying the matched packets for the VLAN interface. I assume this is just a "feature" in regards to VLAN's. Can someone educate me? or point me to the correct documentation? or let me know what I may possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks

tj

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

In all honesty, gave up with SDM. There is always something that doesn't do, or doesn't do right.

If the value you're interested is pollable with SNMP (not sure now), get a grapher and point it to the right OID to monitor.

Historical graphing is the goal, however, most monitoring solutions aren't as granular as the 5 second updating that the SDM provides. In regards to the SDM, it is showing the information on physical interfaces (serial), just not for the VLAN which is why I believe I either have something configured wrong, or it's just inherant with "virtual" interfaces.

Tj

Hi, I use and recommend prtg, and can set polling interval as small as 1 second.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card