IP Phone Service to display CSQ stats

Unanswered Question
Feb 14th, 2008

I created a xml Phone Service script which displays stats for a given CSQ. I've also added in the ability to alert the phone when certain queue thresholds are met and display agent status when associated to a phone.

If someone else has already does this, let me know and I'll try not to duplicate any efforts.

I wrote the script opensource in the hopes that if anyone made any cool updates or mods to the script that they would then share them back with the group.

I documented as best as I could within the code so that most everyone with basic ASP knowledge should be able to adjust the script to their needs.

I've attached a PDF file with a screenshot of the IP Phone Service that needs to be created. It also works well as an idle URL, however you have to manually type in the QueryString params.

Example idle url might look something like this:

http://IPCC_SERVER/Wallboard/CSQstats.asp?CSQ=CsqName&LIQ=90&Depth=5&AgentID=sampleAgent

Quick Notes, you need to follow the install instructions provided with Leo Mourits's wallboard application to enable access to the database and perform the required IIS mods. (In my url example a virtual directory of "Wallboard" was added)

Those instructions can be found here:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dddc916

QueryString Params:

CSQ = Name of CSQ you want to monitor

LIQ = threshold to trigger alert for longest contact waiting (in seconds)

Depth = threshold to trigger alert when more then X number of calls are present in the queue

AgentID = agent id associated with the phone you are adding the service to (optional)

There are some user adjustable parameters at the top of the ASP page. Note that it does no good to have to ASP page refresh more often then you have the RtStats written to the DB.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Jeremy

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
l.mourits Sat, 02/16/2008 - 12:10

Jeremy,

You may want to look at my recent post (free of charge wallboard 2.4). This is a wallboard that displays agent and CSQ stats and has all the right queries in it. It is allready .asp but output is html, so basically all you need to do is change the output to XML and your done.

Edit: oops, just read your post better, and now see you allready did this, LOL

Great!

Keep up the good work :-)

HTH,

Leo

danymora17 Mon, 01/12/2009 - 13:39

Hi, does this work on cisco communicator? I am on enhanced version of iPCCX and would love the feature where it will alert my analyst if a person has been in queue for too long or the calls waiting is over 10. Let me know, thanks

fielderj Fri, 03/06/2009 - 07:01

I will be testing a scenerio using IP Communicator this week. I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jeremy

CHRIS HABBERJAM Wed, 03/18/2009 - 07:58

Hello,

I'm just reading through your pdf and was wondering if you knew an easy way to do what I think should be a fairly straight-forward task.

I want to push the CSQ name to the IP phone agent as the call is pushed to the agent. My agents sit in multiple queues and I need to identify the queue to the agent so they know how to answer the call. I've tried to push this through the Enterpise data, but all I see is Call Variable 1 on the screen.

Any ideas would be a major step forward.

Thanks

Chris

fielderj Wed, 03/18/2009 - 08:22

My app wont do that because it relies on pulling data from the server, not the server pushing to the phone. The IP Phone agent app in CCX 5.0+ has the capability of providing the data you are looking for; however, I would need to consult the SRND before I could provide you with information on how to configure it.

dheavey30 Thu, 03/19/2009 - 08:18

Hi Chabberjam, the only way I have found to do this is to apply a new layout to the agent's screen using desktop administrator. You can then use the get enterprise data step to push the CSQ info to the IPPA. Only problem is that the agentt has to press the CData to see the enterprise data when their phone is ringing otherwise they only see the overall stats. Not what I had hoped for either but better than nothing. If you read the help web page for the get enterprise data step it explains how to do this. If anyone else knows how to get this info to the front IPPA screen please let me know!

doshi_nimit Thu, 05/28/2009 - 03:15

Hi Dan,

We have the similar issue. We have IPCCX 7.0 standard version. We have configure the Enterprise parameter to get a display of call parameter. But Agent always needs to select the CData for the same.

The document link which you have shared, it is not clear what all configurations needed to display calling parameter without pressing CData.

As mentioned, i did following things:

1 - Created the service with URL "http://CCX server IP:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp" (is it correct step?).

2 - Subscribe this service to all agent IP phones.

3 - Created an application user named "telecaster" in CCM.

4 - All phones have been selected in controlled device of telecaster user.(is this correct step?)

5 - What changes needs to be done in URL authentication parameter in CCM Enterprise parameter?

But still we are not getting display on main screen. Agent still have to select CData for it.

Please let me know whether all these steps are correct?

Thnx & rgds,

Nimit

Nicolas Mansour Thu, 08/06/2009 - 07:49

Hi there,

When after you create the telecaster user (as an application user) with a password of telecaster you have to associate all of the agents phone with it.

PS: You also have to add the "Standard CTI enabled" to the user so that it can automatically push the pages.

What nice about it is that it pushes it before answering the call and it also "keeps" it on the screen after picking up!!!

HTH

Nick Mansour

chandan.agrawal Mon, 09/28/2009 - 02:22

Hi,

How will this run in a loop. Like I want to send these stats to the agent desktop every 15 secs. How can I acheive that...

Regards,

Chandan

taroyamada9999 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 03:07

Hi Jeremy,

I edited your script to fit our environment and it works great!!

Let me ask you 2 questions.

1) Is it possible to show this stats service always on top, even when an operator is talking?

Because I want to have operator check the stats while talking.

2) I post the same question today, but I should have asked you here.

Is it possible to blink headset, mute and speaker lamp instead of playing a ringtone as an alert?

Thank you.

Taro

mikeduffy13 Mon, 10/04/2010 - 13:19

So we had this working for a while, but now that real-time stats are updating anymore.  Any idea why the stats wouldn't be updating?

ah nm:  server sql pointing to diff server after failover-failback

Actions

This Discussion