cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging with Viking ZPI-4

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I will be doing an IPT conversion that uses a Viking ZPI-4 paging interface. I'll be using an fxs port on the gateway for paging. The Viking manual is cryptic and there really isn't too many dip switches on it. I just wanted to see if someone could provide specifics about the hardstraps/config of the Viking before my cut-over, as I hate surprises and want to eliminate as many "known unknowns" as possible! Certainly, the fxs to the "paging in", but how about the "ring-trip/trunk" and "talk batt" switches? THANKS!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Should be very straight forward :) Have a look at the Phone System Interface section of this good spec sheet;

http://assets.twacomm.com/assets/pdf/5318.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I saw that, and like most pager manuals, is pretty much non-descript on what you would set the toggle switches for in order to connect to specific interfaces. I'd just like to hear from some one that I don't need anything special, or what settings I need for fxs so I don't run a problem at cut-over time that I could have prevented. Just me being paranoid doing customer cut-overs.

Hi Michael,

I thought Page 4 was pretty good myself. For an FXS connection use the following Dip Switch settings;

1- On

2- Off

3- Off

4- Off

Take care,

Rob