Helpful
Replies

DID to router

fredj1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have:

T1 PRI terminates on a catalyst6500 (catOS)

I need specific DID #'s to go to the router instead of the CCM. The T1 PRI terminates on the catalyst 6608.

Are there any doucumentations or practical ways on how accomplish this?

TIA,

Fred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, so the call flow as i understand this is going to be:

telco --> T1 PRI --> 6608 --> CUCM --> GW

If you receive the DIDs in CUCM you can create route patterns for those DIDs instead of having a Translation Pattern or anything else in CUCM (CTI RP, Phone DN, etc) just to keep it simple

This way the DIDs you create route patterns for will end all the signaling in the router.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not sure exactly what you mean by

'I need specific DID #'s to go to the router instead of the CCM.'

If the T1 PRI terminates in a 6608 blade then you will need to handle the call at CCM with a translation pattern which can redirect the call to where you want.

As you know the config on the actual 6608 only defines the IP address, CCM, DNS, etc but all the call handling takes place in CUCM

you can use the translation pattern to match the DID you receive and use the called party transformation to route it over a route pattern to the GW you want

HTH

HTH

java

I greatly appreciate your reply its helped me have a better understanding,

The last part of my question is, if I create the route pattern to go to the GW from CUCM, in order for the CUCM to communicate with my router through the route pattern, I need to connect an additional T1 crossover cable (from 6608 to VoiceT1 router) in order to allow this communication to work...?

If this is correct ... should I be searching on documentation in regards to setting up a T1 trunk for communication between CUCM > 6608 > Router ?

Thanks,

-Fred

If you use a XOVER cable to connect the 6608 and the T1 router you will be emulating a trunk.

I have this at my lab which i use to emulate a PSTN connection between 2 clusters

cluster 1 has a 6608 with MGCP and using an XOVER cable to connect it to a T1 PRI on a 2851 which i control using H323 and that routes call to cluster 2.

but in this case i have 2 clusters, are you going to have the 6608 and the router in the same cluster?

is the router already configured? if so, H323 or MGCP?

if both T1s are going to be in the same server, you can configure each GW in the CUCM server, use a translation pattern to change the DID to another DN which will be routed thru a translation pattern which uses the router.

CUCM will handle all the signaling and the 6608 will send the RTP directly to the router

HTH

java

are you going to have the 6608 and the router in the same cluster?

yes, the 6608 and the router will be on the same cluster. I'm not sure if this is the most practical way , or if its the only way to accomplish this..

The router is not configured yet for the T1 trunk between the 6608. Currently the router is used as a mgcp gw with the CUCM.

Thank you,

-Fred

OK, so the call flow as i understand this is going to be:

telco --> T1 PRI --> 6608 --> CUCM --> GW

If you receive the DIDs in CUCM you can create route patterns for those DIDs instead of having a Translation Pattern or anything else in CUCM (CTI RP, Phone DN, etc) just to keep it simple

This way the DIDs you create route patterns for will end all the signaling in the router.

HTH

HTH

java

are you going to have the 6608 and the router in the same cluster?

yes, the 6608 and the router will be on the same cluster. I'm not sure if this is the most practical way , or if its the only way to accomplish this..

The router is not configured yet for the T1 trunk between the 6608. Currently the router is used as a mgcp gw with the CUCM.

Thank you,

-Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: