Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) and Message monitoring

Tobias.Sauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get Message monitoring working using Unity 5.0(1) and CM 6.0(1).

If I AllCallFwd to voicemail and call the forwarded phone, I ring into voicemail and hear the personal greeting.

At the same time, the forwarded phone display shows "Requesting" and then the phone alerts. The display changes back to show forwarding and then displays "Requesting" again. There is no further change on the forwarded phone.

I find nothing in CM Trace which makes sense since Unity and the phone seem to be communicating directly.

I attaching a wireshark packet capture that shows Unity and the phone communicating but the second download seems to fail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Toby

1 Reply 1

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you haven't already, refer to this doc for general phoneview troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080883f88.shtml

There was also an issue with the phone firmware, see this bug: CSCsl46387

The problem affected 7970/7971 phones, the solution was to upgrade to 8.3.3.12 loads. Here is the release note for this bug:

Symptom:

1. Unity PhoneView or any other application that uses HTTP POST to control

an IP Phone does not

work. The phone returns an error "4" which means authentication failure.

2. Host not found error, when 7941/7970 etc. user presses the services button.

Conditions:

1. Occurs if there is some delay between the phone and CUCM (or whereever the authentication URL points). In testing this fails with 25 ms one-way delay (50 RTT) however this may fail with as little as 20 ms RTT.

2. Occurs if phone date is the 1st day of the month at 00:00 GMT for a 24hour period, and network delay of 20ms round trip present