cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 to 5.0 Migration

andre.julien
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use DiRT to back up a Unity 4.2 server and restore to a Unity 5.0 new installation?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DIRT restore only works when restoring on the same version

there are always 2 options for this:

a) install 4.2, restore, then upgrade to 5

b) upgrade old server to 5, backup, restore in unity 5 new install

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

robert49729
Level 1
Level 1

I believe the answer is NO on the DIRT from 4.2 to 5.0

BUT !! Try COBRAS from Unity Tools

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

-- Its pretty amazing tool and has been working well in my testing. It creates a MDB (MS Access) file of all the 4.2 information and has a great little program for importing back into a Unity 5.0 (all information)

Take a look at the training videos.

Hope that helps.

yeah, Im also itchin to use that tool for a migration.

If you meet the following:

- hardware for Unity 5.0 meets cisco supported standard

- OS is Windows 2003

You can do an inplace upgrade from 4.2 to 5.x. Just DIRT backup server, pull a drive out, and run the upgrade in place.

If you have new hardware, your options have been listed. If have a small amount of subscribers, simple Call Handlers, you can build the new server, Digital Network servers, re-create the CH, system settings, templates, then migrate the subscribers using the Tools Depot. Then you can decommission the old server.

It's getting easier to migrate, but still takes time and a well thoughtout, executed plan.

you're right, i heard about COBRAS just the other day but haven't tried it myself, it's going to be a good tool once they finish the testing, the only drawback is that it's still not TAC supported

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am testing COBRAS on the 24th in the LAB and will implement in Production when TAC supports it.

RLP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: