Looking to volunteer as a network engineer

Unanswered Question
Feb 14th, 2008

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to come for help, but i'll give it a try anyway. I am looking to volunteer my services for at least 6 months as a network engineer to gain some experience. I currently hold a CCNA along with a computer engineering BS degree and I'm working towards my CCNP, having passed the BCMSN exam and currently studying for the BSCI. I reside in bay area, california. If there is anyone who can help, please let me know.

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
omar.elmohri Sat, 02/23/2008 - 06:00

REALLY what you like to do ? why you don't look for a real job ?

For exemple I when I started working I didn't heve any certificate, and after few months I got my CCNA. But all the time I was working and having a salary. Don't think you are cheap to offer your services for free. But what you know do with CCNA and BCMSN is really expensive

scottmac Sat, 02/23/2008 - 08:31

You might check out some of the charities, churches {temples, synagogues ...}, schools, free clinics, homeless shelters and such.

They tend to need the skills and are the shortest on cash.

As an alternative, consider setting up mini classes on computer and network skills. One of the best ways to learn is to teach; you don't have to be an expert on everything, you just have to understand the technology and protocol relationships and have a good reference source.

You might even qualify for grants to provide training on a contract basis.

Good Luck

Scott

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM
Stats:
Replies:2 Overall Rating:
Views:1393 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.