Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with DFM and DCR table

wongtungho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new (just not more than 3months) to CW but actively read the DFM user manual.

Recently I follow up integrity problem with the DFM tables where some devices are 'questioned' and can't be discovered and all their DCR entries are gone.

Two of them I'm working on have the following issues.

1. one DFM entry is always in 'questioned' status. i tried to delete it by turning off the sync but it's still inside the DFM. i can rediscover it but gonna delete it as we gonna make changes to the device's hostname.

2. another DFM entry was with the old domain name (somehow the DNS was migrated before I was there). It no longer be resolvable from the DNS server and hence failed for any rediscovery process. I tried to delete it and it went into the 'questioned' status again.

I tried to create new DCR entries and enabled the sync between DCR and DFM. The DFM entries still remain after I deleted them in DCR. It seems the two databases use different fields to establish the relationship.

Anything I can do to get them off without DFM reinitialization?

Thanks,

Steven

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM is this? If you go to Devices > Rediscover/Delete, what is the reason this one device is in a questioned state?

If you delete devices from DCR, they should be deleted from DFM. However, as you pointed out these are two separate databases which rely on inter-process communication to keep things in sync. However, you should be able to manually delete devices out of DFM. A deleted device would only go back to questioned if it was still in DCR, and you had auto-sync enabled.

The DFM version is 3.0.2.

The DCR entry is gone after I deleted it last week but the DFM entry still exists although sync is enabled. The DFM entry is under "questioned> SNMP timeout" with error code "Snmp Timeout".

It is not the first object or instance I failed to delete it from both DCR and DFM when the sync is enabled through "Auto Import Filter".

I had disabled the 'Sync' and then deleted it but it still exists with 'pending' status in the DFM. I just tried again and it's the same. The discovery progress stops at 10% for more than 10mins. Error code is again 'Snmp Timeout'.

I've seen this before. Once in the pending state, run the following commands:

pdterm InventoryCollector Interactor InventoryCollector1 Interactor1

pdexec InventoryCollector Interactor InventoryCollector1 Interactor1

The device should then be gone from DFM.

I tried these command set with both sync enabled and disabled. Both couldn't get the device gone. The device remains in the pending status.

Then try a full dmgtd restart instead.

I did and the device still remains in the pending device list.

Is this on Windows? If so, do you see any errors in the Event Viewer?

Oh yes. I found the following happened on 31-Jan and 7-Feb.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SideBySide

Event Category: None

Event ID: 32

Date: 31-Jan-08

Time: 16:11:30

User: N/A

Computer: PC

Description:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 59

Description:

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 59

Description:

Generate Activation Context failed for D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\bin\MFC80.DLL. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 32

Time: 16:26:48

Description:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

This is due to bugs CSCsm69242 and CSCsm76320. We do not have a workaround yet, but we are working to find a solution. You can either watch these bugs using Bug Toolkit on Cisco.com, or open a TAC service request.

One thing you could provide that could help us is the version of the DLLs msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, and msvcr80.dll installed on this system. Search your entire computer for all instances, then right-click on them, select Properties, and select the Version tab. We are interested in the File Version from each DLL. Thanks.

Here you are.

[Path for msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, their version]

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_681e29fb, 8.0.50727.163

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd, 8.0.50727.42

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700, 8.0.50727.762

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framwork\Microsoft.VC80.CRT, 8.0.50727.42

D:\tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\Windows\system32, 8.0.50727.762

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\bin, 8.0.50727.42

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin, 8.0.50727.42

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\lib, 8.0.50727.42

D:\tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\Windows\winsxs\92rg91xw.1p4, 8.0.50727.762

D:\tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\Windows\winsxs\b2rg91xw.1p4, 8.0.50727.762

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin\system, 8.0.50727.42

Thanks for this. It appears you have the TSM backup software loaded on this server. Can you temporarily remove that software, reboot, and see if DFM starts to work again for you?

Thanks for your suggestion and I get to check with my team mates first. Anyways, appreciate for your quick reply.

I figured out that the process "DFMCTMStartup" is shut down. Does it matter?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco