cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN tunnel inside of an IPsec VPN client tunnel.

johnsos
Level 1
Level 1

I have an application where I need to initiate an SSL VPN tunnel inside of a tunnel setup with a Cisco VPN client(IPsec/UDP). Our policy for our Cisco client is not to allow split-tunneling. I get connected to the SSL VPN box but after that I cannot ping any addresses on the connected segment I receive from the SSL VPN box. Look at my attachement which show a route print and a couple of screen shots. Any help would be greatful.

3 Replies 3

f.aoun
Level 1
Level 1

weird application.

Try to change MTU to 1418 (use cisco systems SETMTU tool installed with vpn client).

Ok, I will try that. Also about the application. The reason from tunnel within a tunnel application is we have a secure area that requires access only via SSLVPN. So if I'm at work I would use the SSLVPN to gain access to that area. I'm allowed access to the rest of my enterprise via split-tunneling being enabled with the SSLVPN. I'm going to ask to see if I can have the SSLVPN positioned to have public access this will probably fix my issues since I will only be using one tunnel.

johnsos
Level 1
Level 1

We found our issue. It seems that the other vendor had a mis-configuration or added something they shouldn't have. They add the network I was trying to get to to their split-tunnel list which denied me from getting to it. We removed and I now can get to it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: