Views
Helpful
Replies

Limitation on shared lines CCM 4.2(3)

r-marchetti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Somebody knows if there's any limitations on the maximum number of IP Phones sharing the same line?

It seems that, having a large number of IP Phones sharing the same extension, some of them don't ring with an incoming call for the shared line...

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

6 Replies 6

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roberto,

Looking at the CCM 4.2(3) documentation I can't see any mention of limitations.

The only workaround I could suggest is to add the phones to a Line Group and make the current Shared Line DN a Hunt-Pilot. You could then use the broadcast distribution algorithm so all phones would ring at once.

Unfortunately if they definately require shared lines, I think your best option here would be to contact TAC.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but if it has helped please rate this post.

Regards,

Dave

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Guys,

I remeber reading about a bug that did impact Shared Lines if there were more than 12 phones sharing the DN. I can't seem to locate it anymore :( Roberto, can you tell us what IP Phone model these are, what Firmware and if any 7914's are in play?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi,

I got the following infos:

maximum IP Phones sharing the line: 9

IP Phones that don't ring: 1 or 2

Model 7961 with 7914.

7961 firmware: 8.2.2SR1S

7914 firmware: S00105000300

Thanks

ROberto

Hi Roberto,

Perfect! Can you please check and see if there are any calls on the 7914 when these phones don't ring the Shared Line.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

yes, you're right, even if at least in one occasion there was no active calls on 7914.

Thanks

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I thought it may have been this Bug, but it's not exact :(

CSCsb12448 Bug Details

7960-7914 does not ring on incoming call if there is active call on 7914

Symptom:

7960 with sidecar will not ring when call comes on prime line if there is an existing call in progress on sidecar.

Conditions:

This behavior is seen in all versions of callmanager. 7960 has a sidecar. Lines on sidecar are shared with other 7960 phones. Sidecar lines are configued to flash only when new calls come in.

New call comes in and line on side car flashes. While this call is in progress, if there was another call that came for prime line of 7960, it will flash even though its configured to ring.

Workaround:

There is no workaround. The only way to know that new call is coming is by visually checking for any flashing.

1st Found-In

Fixed-In

4.1(3)ES15

5.0(1.50.7)

5.0(1.1000.2)

4.2(0.387)

4.1(2)ES41

Hope this helps! Perhaps a Tac Case is in order.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: