Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0 Mobility

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a strange issue. We are testing the mobility feature with a new testuser. He uses a mobilephone, a 7970 and a Skinny Client (Cisco IP Communicator). The Skinny Client and the 7970 have the same DN assigned as a shared line.

We want the three phones to ring simultanously when a call comes in. The problem is on the Softphone, when you press the mobility softkey you get an Error message: "you are not a valid mobile phone user" (mobileconnect off)

I haven't found anything about this message on the cisco sites. Does someone here know the reason?

10 Replies 10

mibrahim1986
Level 1
Level 1

The Problem is fixed, configuration issue...

"You are not a valid Mobile Phone User"

What WAS the configuration issue?

I promise I won't laugh, honest.

I have the same issue and I am wondering which config I have missed out on.

Any help mucho appreciated.

Chris

Hi cogden,

ok you got me ;-)

It was no Owner user ID configured on the communicator. Let us know if it was the same issue with you.

Greetz

Moe

Hi Moe,

Yup, that was it!

The Owner User ID was the culprit.

In my case though, I was not able to change the value from the default (it was greyed out) until I UNCHECKED the Extension Mobility enable box, further down in the phone device level config parameters.

Once I did this and reset the phone, I was able to move the call from IP Phone to the cell phone no problem.

Tx,

Chris

This helped me!

I have configured Mobility connect but when I call the DN numbers, my main number shows mobility on but none of remote destination rings.I have one profile associated to the user with 2 remote numbers.Can you tell me what I am missing?

Hi,

maybe you missed to check the "line association" checkbox in the Remote Destination menu?

Cheers

Moe

Thanks for responding, but I have associated line.pls check the user page and one of the remote destination page I have attached

remote destination!

The fault seems do be in the "Destination Number" field. I think you have to put in a 0 or 9 in front of the number. The field needs to be filled like you would dial the number from your IP-phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: