Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP server Synchronization CCM 5.1

maissiat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've installed a few weeks ago two new Cisco CCM 5.1 (Pub and Sub).

But we have a problem Subscriber do not get time from the Publisher . It statut say Publisher not accessible (but we can ping it )

The Publisher has two inside(gateway) ntp server set and synchronization between them is good. I've run utils ntp status from Sub and it ntp server deamon is running and polling

So if you have any idea ..

Thank you

Mch

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mch,

After the NTP was configured on the Pub, was the Sub restarted?

Note After deleting, modifying, or adding NTP server, you must restart all the other nodes in the cluster for the changes to take affect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/5_1_1/iptpch4.html#wp1042131

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mch,

I just found this Bug related to ntp;

CSCsj49225 Bug Details

Remove ntp.conf file override from dhclient-script.

Symptom:

A fresh install of CUCM on the subscriber stops during NTP set up or, for already installed CUCM nodes, the subscriber fails to closely track the publisher's time.

Conditions:

When the CUCM node is configured to use DHCP and the DHCP server has "option ntp-servers " configured in its dhcpd.conf file.

Workaround:

Remove entry "option ntp-servers " from dhcpd.conf on the DHCP server and restart the DHCP server process. If a fresh install of CUCM was being done, restart the fresh install. If this was for an existing CUCM installation, create a remote account, login to the CUCM node and enter: cd /etc; mv ntp.conf.predhclient ntp.conf

Further Problem Description:

This only applies to CUCM nodes configured to use DHCP. Status

Fixed

1st Found-In

Fixed-In

5.1(2.9901.46)

5.1(2.9901.48)

6.1(0.9901.335)

6.1(0.9901.340)

7.0(0.9311.15)

5.1(3.1000.12)

6.1(1.1000.11)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

First thank you for your help.

Our problem is now solved

I change on PUB the two ntp server that have been set during CUCM install by another ntp server. NO need to restart Sub it took correct time just after change applied.

Regards

Mch

Hi Mch,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution. 5 points for this kind post!

Take care,

Rob

Hey Chaps,

Just wanted to let you know this post resolved my issue. Subscriber was running 30 mins behind Publisher, showing unsynchronised on the SUB. Removing the NTP Servers already configured on the PUB, then readding them bought my subscriber back to the correct time. No reboot was required..

Thanks again

Craig.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: