cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to ping from one pc to another using all ports of switch?

oswellcon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mates

Unfortunately I need to run an absurd test setup due to my uniq test. please see the attached file which shows the test setup.

1. All of the ports on the switch must work (recieve and transmit) On the attached drawing I assumed switch has 8 ports.

2. Two PCs will be connected to switch.

On the attached drawing, you can see my solution but I am not sure if it works.

I appreciate all of your comments on my solution. and if you think it doesn't work, can you recommend another solution WITHOUT changing the hardware setup.(like routing through the ports)

Tx in advance for helping

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would have to explain better what you are trying to do . The way the drawing looks you have built in loops and are bridgeing vlans between the ports which won't work .

hi glen tx for reply :)

I am trying to make all of the switch ports run with the least connection to the outside.

the fact is this is a test setup and switch is only a small part of it. here are what is wanted:

- switch will be in the room 1, two PC's will be in room 2.

- only 2 cables are allowed between room 1 and room 2 .

- All of the ports on the switch must work during the test.

I can tell it is impossible and make them use more cables but if someone finds out a way to make it happen, than my company wouldn't trust me anymore.

tx for helping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card