cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 using Client VPN and RADIUS authentication

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Cisco Concentrator. Users using their Cisco VPN client authenticate using RADIUS (Active Directory) which just a windows IAS server.

I eventually want to move the Client VPN's over to the ASA's but I can't find where to add the authentication servers in the ASDM?

4 Replies 4

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Config -> Device Management -> Users/AAA -> AAA Server Groups. Create a server group, then add a server to that group.

Thanks, Is that for users logging onto the ASA, or as a Cisco VPN client connection?

Also on the Concentrator there is a great monitoring tool called Monitoring | Filterable Event Log, it really helps me see why a user can't logon or a VPN Lan to Lan can connect, does the ASA have a simialr tool?

It can be used for either. To use it for vpn clients, you must assign the server group to the ipsec connection profile.

Try Monitoring -> Logging -> View

Thanks again, don't suppose there is a migration document or any document to help me configure the client VPN's, so use to the Concentrator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: